View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry you've got to deal with TN on top of everything you are already dealing with. MS alone is enough. I can't offer any specific med advice to you as I'm a med challenged person and the meds I take don't completely cover my pain. I have spent a lot of time working on Mindfulness Meditation though, and it has helped me to deal with my pain and to accept what my life is now. It isn't just about meditation and can be misleading in its title. If you have access to a library, you should ask them to obtain a copy of Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat Zinn. He is the author and he also has the book on tape/cd. There are several other authors out there and if you ask the library for anything dealing with "mindfulness meditation" I'm sure they should be able to find other books for you. It took a lot of practice for me to get beyond the pain, but once I did it, it is totally amazing. The only problem is that I can't stay in that state 24/7, but it does offer an escape and changes the way I experience my pain, even if its only for a short time.

Take care and best wishes to you, Ellena
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
everlasting (06-14-2008)