View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Me too..well..kinda?

Hi all y'all.

I think that I am the odd man out in the thread here, as I am severely cold intolerant. I HATE FALL here in the South, as we really only have two seasons, one that is HOT, and one that is COLD. LOL. Fall starts the COLD Season. (For an example of what I am talking about...just last week before last, we were hitting temps in the upper 80's. Then Fall fell on us for real, and we are now having trouble getting out of the 50's, and waking up with frost on the ground. BRRRRRR! Too cold for me! And, way too drastic of a temp change all at once. But, such is life down here in The Land Of Cotton. LOL).

I do much better in the HOT seasons. My only troubles then come from the Humidity, but since that is something that I have to deal with all year long down here...I would rather deal with it in HOT weather than I would in COLD weather. Actually, I am very much looking forward to when I move back out West to the Warmer, DRYER climes, as I do so much better in those. Still hurt, and still have symptoms...but just do much better over all.

I also have the sweating thing that you are talking about Hope. Not quiet as bad...but for some reason I seem to sweat MORE in the colder temps? The only thing that I can figure is because of the heavier clothing? I mean, I live in soft, thick (but VERY loose) hunting socks, sweat pants, and either sweaters or shirts of varying sleeve length....with my throw constantly at hand when I am in the house. I also have a couple of ponchos that my Mom made for me that work VERY well (you might check out using those? No sleeves at all to hurt arms? And...you can stick arms out, or pull them in and cover up as needed when your temp changes? Also, very easy to get on and off, as long as you make sure that they have buttons and not just neck hole, which can be kinda hard). No smell, either....which I am VERY glad about...but don't quite understand?

I also agree with you and Flippinout about the sweat being an autonomic nervous system issue, because when I have a RF done the limbs that are affected are nice and dry for a while, until the nerves grow back together. Sometimes I even wind up with a nice dry hand or foot for a few days after I have just a plain old block done. Don't know why...but I am not complaining one bit! It does feel weird, though, to have one moist side and one dry side (when I can get my doc to do both upper and lower procedures for me during the same OR visit). I have also had sweating when I have stopped taking meds that would cause it, too. Have not noticed any increase in it when started them back? Very weird. But, that is RSD for you.

LisaM...I did want to tell you...I also have been told I am SIP too. Have been for...well...years now (I have had RSD going on 10 years...and didn't get my first blocks until about 2, 2.5 years into this mess...). I have blocks done, both for upper and lower body RSD on my right side, and DO get relief from them. You might give them a try, and see if they give you ANY kind of help, because some help...even a little...is better than none. Sometimes it is all that is needed to calm down what has been, or what will turn into a horrible flare. If you have NEVER had a block done.....I wonder why?

Anyway...I just wanted to add my hat into the ring here of folks that were not liking this weather change. I HATE it! But, then...I hate it being COLD at all, and cold to me is when it gets below 65. Damn cold is anything below 60, and freezing is...well....I don't even want to think about it! ROFL. Feel bad for my poor kids, because I cam constantly harassing them about having their coats...and PUTTING THEM ON...when I feel cold. They aren't small, little kids either, but are 17 and 19 years old. ROFL. Needless to say, I get LOTS of eye rolling, and lots of tossing jacket/coat over arm to carry, only to shut me up (not that it works, because the Point is to PUT IT ON, not to Carry It! ROFLMAO!! OMG!!!! I have turned into MY Mother!!!!!)

Oh well. I can't help it that I am Lizard Woman. I should have tried to change my name to that for this new forum, maybe. LOL. I just know that I am already day dreaming about Nice HOT sun shiney Summer days, when I can go outside and soak up the heat and try to get these bones warmed up. Since bones are only 37 years old, I am wondering what is going to happen when they are older bones....and need more warming up? Hmmmmmm. Maybe I need to move to Equador or something! ROFL!!

Hope that everyone has a WARMER (if they want it...or colder, if they prefer that..) and Drier day today, with lots less pain! Watch out for the weather changes, as there seems to be fronts zooming all across the country right now. *Sigh. Not a good thing for any of us, I think.

(((Hugs)))
Jose
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote