View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

aright heres a brief story of what happened.

during this summer, i was on my way to a full recovery with TOS. Everything was getting loosened up. But then i decided i wanted to practice the "Shoulder Circles" in sharon butlers program more agressively.

This is when i really overstretched. Basically as u rotate ur shoulder blades backwards and together, they put too much of a strain on my already injured pectoral muscles.

yet i continued to do them agressively. This is when i noticed the inflammation throughout my chest muscles.

I then stopped doing all stretches completely for a month.

Right now, i have been doing my stretches for a month and a half now. My neck muscles used to be realllly tight but now are very loose. However, i now realize wat the problem is.

Whenever i do the shoulder circles, it overstretches my chest muscles, so the previous stretches have little effect on my chest muscles.

I understand now that ANY pain while stretching causes ur muscles to tighten up rather than release.

But this past weeked i did overstretch a little, and will now take a 3 day break. I will then stop doing these shoulder circles as just when im about fully healed, they cause me to take a step back.

On another note I also have serious adhesions in my armpits, which i have released ALOT and now my only real symptoms are from TOS.

I believe that i can fully recover by the end of December if I have no further setbacks.

I dont think i have trigger points either.

It seems that u guys suffered TOS from a car accident or something which is probly why ur symptoms are much worse than mine.

Neways, yea TOS sucks but im gonna beat this once and for all.

i feel if u guys gave sharons stretches a try and take out doing the shoulder circles they will help u tremendously.

Seriously, if i didnt know abotut sharons stretches, i would be so screwed right now.

I wish u all the best of luck tho!

And marie, yea the stretches i do take away alot of my symptoms. Perhaps i have no real nerve damage....
pixel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote