View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

We've had unusually hot weather here in GA - upper 90's!! We usually don't get that until August - and it's just the first of June!!

I have been staying inside for the most part - only venturing out to get the mail. I know my neighbors must think I drink.....as I stagger out to the mailbox in my pajama pants and t-shirt at 2 o'clock in the afternoon!!

I want to complain about the heat - and then I see a news story about the elderly in downtown Atlanta who live in a hi-rise and have had no A/C in months.....makes me ashamed as I sit in my nice cool house with the ceiling fans running.

I get the blurry vision, too, when the heat zaps me. And the dizziness. I hate it but what are we gonna do.....? I remember when we used to have the pool - it'd be great for the first month or so then it was like jumping in bath water it got so warm. Seemed pointless to keep it going during the hottest months...

Oh well....look at the bright side....just 6 more months till Christmas!!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
McGimpy (06-17-2008), MSacorn (06-15-2008), tkrik (06-16-2008)