View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default For Melody: Share your green tips

My feelings on this are that no one of us can be all green. But it can't hurt if we each do a thing or two, whatever fits into our lifestyle. And where better to get great ideas than here?

Like, for people like myself who live out in the country this time of year, it's easy to buy local produce. On the way to doing other errands, I stop at a farm market for fresh fruit and veggies - whatever isn't growing in my yard yet.

Green for a few reasons. Local grown uses less gas for transport for both me and the grower, less pesticides and such usually too, and almost always better tasting and better priced.

I am fortunate to be able to grow a few potted herbs and lettuce plants and have some veggies in the ground. I grow organic and make my own compost.

I try to buy local meat too - nice to know your food was treated well, free range and healthy.

What was NOT more green? Palmolive Eco. Sure the first few loads in the dishwasher came out okay. But then it gummed up the washer so badly all the dishes came out with a powdery film. We were wondering if somebody dumped a whole bag of flour in the machine.

I had to run it empty with a cup of vinegar to wash it out. I went back to regular detergents.

BTW, I use vinegar instead of Jetdry. Works like a charm.

ewizabeth (08-08-2008), JD (08-08-2008)