View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi. just wanted to add my warmest welcome also.

I had a taste of Trigeminal Neuralgia when I had a two week bout with Bells Palsy.

The nerves in my face radiating downward from near the ear, well, I thought I would go out of my mind. They had to put me on Tylenol #3. (with codeine).

I used warm compresses and that helped. They told me all the nerves in my face were inflamed. I went to a neurologist who scheduled an EMG (or a nerve conduction), really can't remember. But I never got to go because I prayed for two weeks straight, and it all went away.

I have no idea why this happened. (the pain going away I mean). I got the Bells Palsy because of my diabetes (this is what they told me).

This happened on Psalm Sunday in 1995. I will never forget what I did. I took the Psalms (they give it to you in Church on Psalm Sunday).

I took them home. I put them on my face, I actually put them in the bed.

And the odd thing is that I AM NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON.

But for those two weeks, I becamse the most religious person I know.

And when my face got back to normal, nothing was dribbling from my mouth. (I thought I had a stroke, but went to the ER and was told it was Bells Palsy, well when I got through it all, I just thanked God, the powers that be, and everybody I could think of to thank.

I'm telling you, it was the nastiest two weeks of my life.

The only tell tale sign that I have ever had Bells Palsy is that one of my eyebrows is higher than the other eyebrow. Only a doctor can tell.

The funny thing is that I was in the doctor's office one year later and the same neurologist came in. I walked over to him and said 'Hi remember me, I saw you last year". He took one look at me and said 'Oh yeah, you had Bells Palsy".

No one else can ever tell.

But I do know face pain, and I hope that warm compresses can give you some relief.

Take care and again, Welcome.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote