View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 10:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Wittesea,
Yes doing pretty great as long as I listen to the body...Yes they did puncture my lung and whenever I get sick with even a cold I run the risk of pneumonia which I have had twice since my lung was collpased....too bad I could not sue for that...Too much trouble and too expensive...would have had to pay experts....Not worth it....But I did settle my car accident and every penny nearly went into getting my dream home Bill bought for me. 5.5 acres for the ginnybean to run as well as the kids....we are definately more happy here...not busting out of the seams....lol...and I now I can clean my own home...no more maids needed....I just have to watch it and do what my body can do. I have a clear mind now and for that Im grateful...The drugs sure did take on a life of their own at least for me. When I was detoxing off of them I met so many woman and men who also had been victims of some malady or other that their doctors like mine meant well but the drugs took or for me had taken over my life....That is no way to live either....Of course I can say this now. Im two years out from surgery and my LTN injury and really dont need them anymore...I just wanted to let others know...at least for me and I use I just got to a point where my family and I all knew I did not need them anymore...You can telll...when the medicine goes from helping you exist with some pain to having no pain its time to go down.
I believe we all need to feel just a little pain so we dont do our bodies more harm. That is what the pain is for...to tell our bodies not to do too much...so if your meds keep you sedated and unable to function in life at least again for me that is too much. Thats my 2 cents anyway....Thanks again for the welcome back and I wish all of us pain free days and as many as possible. Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittesea View Post
Hi ginnybean

I'm glad you found this place, and I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well and feeling so much better - that is fantastic!

I remember all the crazyness you went through with the pain and the surgery... If I remember correctly you had a serious lung injury at one point from an EMG gone bad, so it's great to hear that you are doing so well and have recovered so much.

I hope that things continue to go well for you

Take care,
Liz
ginnybean32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote