View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Items to help with hand, back, and foot pain?

Okay, I am not even going to try and talk to the neuro about this right now as I finally got some of the scripts I have been waiting on for weeks.

My hands have a lot of alternating numbness, weakness, and pain in them. Writing a lot with a pen is horrible and I like to write in a journal. Anyone know of any special type of pen that may help with the pressure of holding one?

My neuro thinks it could be carpal tunnel and I have been wearing wrist splints at night and it doesn't make a difference. My fingers feel swollen and tender and it gets more difficult to type.

I seem to have no shoes that feel comfortable. I want something that feels cushiony and nothing at home seems to fit that bill. Sneakers sometime work but when it's been 95 I can't fathom the thought of socks and shoes! I was wearing my new LL Bean sandals but they seem to be getting uncomfy now too.

I just ordered some new slippers from LL Bean for around the house as the ones I always wear are worn out. I also ordered a Crocs-type slide from LL Bean that seems like it may be comfy. It was a sale item along with the slippers and another pair of sandals that are like the Tevas that have a strap over the top on your foot and another around the ankle (with Velcro).

I think my back hurts because my feet aren't comfy. My couch is great and I sit on it a lot but my cushions seem to have been deflated since 2000 when I bought it. I can feel my ample behind sink down the little bit of cushioning they have left.

The store I bought my couch from is no longer in business. Is there such a thing as getting new cushions put in the old slipcovers? Where would one go to have that done?

I am open to any ideas and suggestions here. I use heat and ice packs a lot on my back, legs and hands to help with the discomfort. I'm a teacher so I only have a week and a half left of work. I do a lot of stuff at home over the summer so I am looking for things to help me make my life work better.

Thanks everyone,
Weebs 37
weeble37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote