View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I can completely relate to you regarding the hand and foot pain. My hands give me the most trouble - especially my right one. It's been numb since October 2007 and my Neuro says that he isn't expecting the feeling to come back - but this is MS we're dealing with so anything is possible.

I take Neurontin (600 mg 3X daily) and Baclofen (20 mg 3X daily) and it helps some but it makes me groggy. Hopefully that side effect will wear off soon.

I don't even try to write anymore as it's become to difficult. I can still type but after a little bit that gets painful, too.

What do you take for the pain?

I believe the heat and humidity is making my symptoms worse. My hand feels stiffer than usual and the Neurontin makes my fingers swell a little.

I have some pain in my left foot and it's been so painful that the it's been hard to walk but I always manage to figure out a way. I wear Keds mostly although I do have a few pair of sandals for the summer. They tend to trip me up occasionally so I really feel more secure and steady in my Keds.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote