View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaJane View Post
Hi,

I have had sensori-motor peripheral neuropathy, diagnosed before anybody found spine problems. My fusion was 2006.

I think, if anything, the neuropathy symptoms MAY have become a bit lighter after the surgery, and it's possible that spinal stenosis contributed to some of the problems in my feet.

Overall, I think it was 2 years to feel back to normal. And when I say normal, I mean something you probably don't--my back never fused and I have pseudoarthrosis and loose screws, so a revision AP fusion is in my futre.

But in 2 years I felt much more my old self, and that the gains in strength and decrease of post-surgical pain had hit their max.

Do you post on the pn board? We're an active group there.
I posted on the neuropathy board years ago and probably should again, one month since the fusion and the numbness still there in feet and legs along with muscle pain. I know I'm overanxious and tend to over do,two years was referring to the neuropathy and not the fusion since your's didn't take, get xrays tomorrow to check re: fusion keep fingers crossed. Thanks for the responses.

Cathy
cathy911 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote