View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Yea, I understand the "tos?" also. Doppler shows total occlusion of my right extremity in all positions but the neurologist Friday said "possible tos".

I've talked with Dr. Urschel's office. He is in Dallas, which isn't too bad of a drive from Houston. He is not on any insurance plans as in-network though. If I went to see him, it would end up being out of network. I think it would be cheaper to fly to Denver or wherever than see someone out of network.

I've seen Dr. Azizzadeh (surgeon) and have called Dr. Noon's office (another surgeon. Dr. A was a little too quick to cut for me. I don't know how Dr. Noon is yet... I'll have to drop all my records off for him to review before he'll even see me. I don't think he treats unless he's going to do surgery. I'm not ready for that yet. I just want someone who can manage my meds (my gp will but he's never see this), and someone who can refer me to a PT that will help and not cause more damage.

I went to my PT last friday and realized that with his "first rib mobilization", he was pressing on my upper chest (just below my collar/sholder bone the first couple times. This last time he was pressing on the top of my shoulder. I even asked him about where he was pressing and said "well isn't it here? (indicating the place he was pressing the first few sessions)". He said no, that you wouldn't want to press there cause you could press on the artery more. I KNOW where he was pressing. It felt bruised for 2 days afterward. So he was either pressing in the wrong place my first couple sessions or he is pressing in the wrong place now. Where he pressed Friday hurt, but not the bruised feeling for days like the first sessions.

It's so frustrating. I've called so many doctors and most are like "huh?". or "only if it's neurological"... "only if your wanting surgery now"... no clue who would even say "only if it's vascular". I haven't even found the doctor that would say that one. I guess tomorrow's calls will be for a physiatrist or osteopathic dr.

Last edited by colleen; 06-15-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling
colleen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote