View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 07:03 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

hi twinkie,

I was reading this last night for the first time and was reading the various ideas so I decided to play it on my cad.

I took SandyC's advice and have two exits on every side and the dimension if about 35' front(width) and 50' side (length)

that's not including the garage and the protruding front bedroom

there is a 3 quater wrap around porch and I've enclosed the porch from the master's br but can put a screen door there for the guests that way you can have the privacy when you want and have guests when you want

The layout can be turned side ways if the lot is wide vs. long because of the French doors.

both bathrooms have 5' diameter (that is international building code standard) for handicapped bathrooms

and the kitchen, dining, and living room is open space layout which you can add some arch ways or something

anyways, it was just something that I was playing with. If you want exact dimensions, please let me know and I can upload it.

I won't have a lot of time this coming week cause of my work(I design stuff. LOL) but anyways, just thought you might wanted to have some visual to play with.

The hotub is located outside the master br porch. The laundry room is huge but gives an exit toward the piano shaped patio and for extra storage and animal space

the hallway is 48" like SandyC suggested as well as the doors are all 36" but I can increase it to 50" or more like Cayokay suggested.

well, I hope you didn't mind me drawing this out. I just was having some fun with the suggestions...

below is the link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Modelcopy.jpg

If you want to look at it closely. Just right click over the image with your mouse and goto "save picture as"

and save it to your file so you can view it by making it bigger to see all the notations.

I have this on CAD file so if you somehow like this plan and want to, I can send it to you and you can take it to a local engineer or architect and have them do the elevations.

anyways, good luck with everything and if you need any help, please let me know. If I have the spare time, I'd be happy to help with the design.

*I do want to mention that if anyone would like to download it, that they have the permission from me to download it and use it however they'd like. I took the ideas from the inputs here anyways and had a lot of fun playing with it. Maybe I will play with it some more. So I forfeit the copy right of this particular plan as stated in this post. Besides, I am sure there are a lot of better designers out there than me anyways. LOL

Last edited by who moi; 06-15-2008 at 09:30 PM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (06-15-2008), Twinkletoes (06-17-2008)