View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 10:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen View Post
I've seen Dr. Azizzadeh (surgeon) and have called Dr. Noon's office (another surgeon. Dr. A was a little too quick to cut for me. I don't know how Dr. Noon is yet... I'll have to drop all my records off for him to review before he'll even see me. I don't think he treats unless he's going to do surgery. I'm not ready for that yet. I just want someone who can manage my meds (my gp will but he's never see this), and someone who can refer me to a PT that will help and not cause more damage.

My concerns with both of the vascular sugeons that you have seen is that even though both are willing to cut.....but not help with the meds, the follow up, getting the right PT, etc. You will need life long management of this, irregardless of if you have surgery and it doesn't sound like either one of them will be a help in that department.

I had a similarly frustrating time getting a dx of TOS. A WC doc told me I had it, but obviously could not treat me for it. I got the "it's all in your head" treatment from the docs I could find. I called a vascular surgeon mentioned at a TOS website and begged for help. He and his team did a very thorough eval and made the dx, then he sent me to a neurologist (who would follow me pre and post op if I needed surgery) and a PT very skilled with TOS. As it turns out, my pure TOS symptoms decreased after myofascial release with the PT and I don't need TOS surgery. Now those symptoms come back when I have increased neck pain from cervical radiculopathy (maybe scalenes spasming ?) because I have double crush problems and RSD . So, if I went to one of those surgeons you found, I would have had major surgery and would still be in the same boat that I am in now....or worse if the RSD got worse.

Could you call the "Denver 3" and ask if they could refer you to a neurologist and PT in your area ? Maybe even fax you recommended PT treatments ?
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote