View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default hubby being stubborn about not wanting to take my car in for repairs

Dear Friends,

I know this sounds like a dumb problem to have but it feels big enough to me.

Hubby wants to buy a brand new car for me rather than put money into the car I presently have.

Current car:
-1997 Geo Prism about 84,000 miles (not exactly sure on the milage)
-is due for regular maintenace like oil change and stuff
-needs air bags checked and prob replaced because car is old
-car looks lke crap because paint is pealing --crappy job from manufacturer, but then the car lives in the FL sun
-car needs bumper and alignment repair due to fender bend I had in parking lot in April -- (1,000.00 deductable on insurance)
-car needs new driver side seat belt (2nd time) because it doesn't work right anymore -- past few weeks/month
-car is starting to need a few other preventative maintenance due to its mileage.

Hubby cares a lot and is digging his feet in. He wants to buy a brand new car for me because he doesn't like putting money into old cars.
He'd rather make monthly payments forever.

I will buy a stupid car under two conditions:
1. He has to start being nice to me. I am tire of his grouchiness. (yeah, I am grouchy too but it is different -- I try not to direct it at him)
2. If he makes me drive a new car, then I am going to call my old cleaning lady I had before I got married.
This apt. is messy and dirty.

I am going to be firm about both conditions.

Maybe I will delete this later. It sounds like dumb problem to have.
But I'm crying over this.

I'll be embarrassed driving a new car. It seems dumb to spend money. We both work hard.
Also, I like driving an old car that no one wants to steal -- had a buick once that was stolen three times (long story).

Beyond that I don't care too much.
I think that we are going to do this his way because he is being waaaaaaay stubborn.

And since I care about safety, most newer cars with have more safety features that the geo 97 does -- so that is the only good thing about the new car.

Mostly, I don't like being forced to deal with change.
I reallize that I must be depressed if I am seeing this as a problem.
Man, I have not felt good for a long time.
Here I am crying about getting a new car.

We would probably get Honda civic because he likes Hondas. I'll get a car with no extras and let him make the freaking payments -- maybe even get the car in his name.
I'm used to driving GM cars. Did I say that I don't like change?

M.

Last night I took a bath (a big deal since I hate to wash) and got water all over the floor. Hubby made a big deal about it and got p!ssy EVEN THOUGH I cleaned up the water and washed and dried the floor mats.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-17-2008)