View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
My concerns with both of the vascular sugeons that you have seen is that even though both are willing to cut.....but not help with the meds, the follow up, getting the right PT, etc. You will need life long management of this, irregardless of if you have surgery and it doesn't sound like either one of them will be a help in that department.

Could you call the "Denver 3" and ask if they could refer you to a neurologist and PT in your area ? Maybe even fax you recommended PT treatments ?
That is exactly my concern. Noone seems willing to manage this unless I want surgery and those are the 2 doctors that I can find who are listed on websites as treating TOS in Houston. The vascular surgeon says there is neurological component and the neurologist says there isn't because my EMG/NCV only had a slight abnormality at the ulnar nerve (which is, according to him, not related to TOS).

Are the "Denver 3" the doctors at the Vascular Institute of the Rockies (Brantigan, Synn, & Annest)? I was actually considering flying to Denver for a consultation since they seem to actually treat this and they accept my insurance.
colleen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote