View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi there dlightne.

Your subject line caught my eye right away. I completely understand your pain and your frustration with the tailbone. I had numerous injuries to mine, but one day out of the blue I woke up in terrible pain, and it just stayed that way for years and years.

Finding other people to talk about it with is so difficult, but in my searches I did finally find a group who have and are experiencing exactly what you are dealing with and stories of what they have done. I hope it will be alright to share that which I'll do in a minute here.

Mine, knock on wood, is nearly gone. I know this will sound hard to believe and it has been for me, because I have never liked chiropractors. I found one who has helped me tremendously, and I didn't even go to him for the tailbone pain but for my sacroiliac pain. The tailbone was a pleasant surprise.

He isn't, however, your 'normal' chiro who grabs your head and twists it around, pushes on you and cracks. I can't stand that at all. It took a couple of months with him but I am amazed at his talent.

I hope it's okay to post this link here because I know how difficult it is to find places devoted to the subject of coccyx pain.

Let me see if I can find that coccyx group for you. http://www.coccyx.org/

I am just SO sorry for the pain you're having. It is truly awful and I hope you do find the relief you need.

That surgery has been a life saver for a lot of people, but you can read accounts of those at that web site. Good luck!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote