View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
You'll be surprised at how many places mold can hide out actually. For me the Fall is the worst because the leaves on the ground trap moisture. Who'd have thunk? I rake as soon as they fall, 10 times if that is what is needed.

I can stand 10 - 20 ft from any mold source and smell it.

Some allergies are more troublesome (for me it's mold and feta cheese), but fortunately I can avoid those pretty easily. My daughter was born allergic to virtually EVERYTHING; wheat, grass, mold, dust, eggs, the color "red" dye in foods, fruit that grew on a bark tree . . . , etc. About the only thing she could eat for the first two years, was tropical fruit and pickles. I couldn't even nurse because the allergens would come through, and she mostly lived on "pre-digested" formula throughout that time.

Her room had to be spotless, with carpets removed, no toys, cleaned daily, walls washed weekly.

Once I knew what she was allergic to though, I slowly introduced those things back into her life (ONE AT A TIME!). Allergies have a "barrel effect", whereby one allergen can be ok, but a combination will "fill the barrel".

A GREAT book is "Is This Your Child":

http://www.amazon.com/This-Your-Chil.../dp/0688119077

NOTE: Apparently our allergens change every 7 yrs too.

Cherie

Thanks Cherie. Funny I just bought that book last week, I think it will be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote