View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 03:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I asked my wife about the "Silver" fillings and (blush) she said our dentist quit using the "silver" fillings a few years ago. She brought me the mirror and sure enough, I can see one filling way in the back that might be silver, or it might be gold, I cannot tell for sure. I might have some where I can't see them, but now that she mentioned it, he has been using something that matches the color of the tooth.

The Oral Surgeon worked me in. Says my lower teeth, where he worked, are fine. It is on the upper portion of that side, and he thumped #15 with a metal thing. After he coaxed me down off the ceiling, he continued to look around. He thinks tooth 15 is "bad". We called our dentist Saturday morning around 8:30am. He is an early riser and did not mind.

My wife talked to him because I was walking around holding my right hand over the right ear and my left hand over the left ear and jaw. I did not feel like talking.

I put the ora-jel liquid on the teeth and it hurt worse. The skin around the teeth became "numb", but the "teeth" (maybe just #15 and it was --- uh --- causing the other nerves to become inflamed?) hurt worse. I took 30mg of oxycodone Friday night and 15mg Sat morning. After a couple of hours I regurgitated everything back up. Oxycodone had never caused me to vomit before. Hmmmm. After using 75-90mg a day for several days with no problems, this small amount was rejected. I can give a couple of reasons for that, but this is not a Pain Med thread.

I am controlling most of the pain by avoiding certain physical actions, chewing on the right side, avoiding cold air on that part of my mouth,etc. A hot wash cloth did great. Took care of the ear ache and relieved the pain of the teeth. And Allieve or what ever they call it. 6 a day helped. Per our dentist.

So the dentist tomorrow to fix #31's crown and look at 15. No root canals for over 30 years and now I may need my second one in 5 weeks? A heck of a coincidence.

Bryanna, thank you so much for your suggestions. I have forwarded this info to all 5 of our children. Two of them still use our dentist. Take care -- Dave