View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Help Facial Muscle Weakness

In 2005 - 2 months after I was dx with MS - I had a bout of what I thought was Bells Palsy in the right side of my face. The whole side of my face was paralyzed. I couldn't blink my right eye or otherwise move that side of my face. Made drinking anything very challenging. This was while I was in the middle of my most debilitating flare (double vision, L'Hermitt's, balance/gait issues, numbness...all at the same time).

It cleared up in about two months but left residual weakness. When I get too tired or if I'm sick the right side of my face is noticeably affected.

My Neuro told me on my last appointment that he didn't think what I had in 2005 was Bells Palsy. He thinks it was totally MS related and due to nerve damage. He also thinks that the numbness I'm experiencing in my right hand/arm is nerve related and will not get any better than it is right now.

I'm noticing that the right side of my face is looking different from the left side - and it's freakin' me out!!! I do not want to go through an episode like I did in 2005 again! I don't think it's paralyzed...but it is definitely looking different. Almost swollen in certain places. My right eye even looks different. Looks like it's smaller than the other one. Ughhh.....

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm used to the right side of my body being the side that is most affected but this is just worrying me. I don't want to call the Neuro again...especially if there really isn't anything he can do.

Guess I just needed to vent....thanks for listening.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-16-2008), Girlie Girl (06-17-2008), Vonn07 (06-16-2008)