View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
I am waiting to hear from my 16 year old daughter that she has been picked up at LaGuardia Airport (LGA). She is there for a leadership conference. Her flight was late.

We just took my son (18) to the airport Friday - he went to Mexico.

I have been doing a shop till you drop to get these kids ready for thier trips. One gets back on the 22nd and the other on the 25 then on the 29th they both fly out to California.
Sorry Snoopy, I haven't read through all the posts. Was this one of the Congressional Student Leadership Conference programs? I know they are having them in several cities as well as abroad. DD16 was invited to attend but, well, the funding just was there for her to go. She wanted to attend one in NY with Leadership University a second choice as they had some in CA which is far closer.

Where in MX did DS go? San Carlos is my favorite place. My avatar was taken while deep sea fishing. We are one of the boats that a friend of ours owns.

I hope both your kids have a wonderful trip.

EDIT: I agree that it doesn't get easier. When DD's are out and about I wait up for that 10:00 p.m. check in phone call. Both have flown by themselves and I sit and wait to hear from them - getting more anxious as time goes on until I hear from them. You will feel so much better. I am sure you have heard from them now and their safe and sound.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (06-18-2008)