View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 06:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New To Neuro Talk

Hello, I'm new. I was diagnosed with MG 2 years ago. I'm 39, no kids, separated shortly after my diagnoses. I live in the md/dc/va area. I usually only search for these networking type forums when I'm having a 'crisis'. And this time is no different.

I was on vacation for a week and I did more walking than usual. I took my cane as a precaution, but I ended up relying on it and my left leg began to drag by the end of the week. I left a msg for my doctor once i got back in town last night. but I was curious to know if any other people with mg have experienced this? my legs have been weak before and i don't/can't wear heels anymore. but I never experienced the dragging leg before.

I'm also experiencing self esteem issues that are are getting worse at an exelerated rate because the muscles in my face has caused me to stop wearing contacts and has taken away my beautiful smile. I'm beginning to feel old and 'crippled' before my time.

Let me end this gloomy introduction by saying that I am generally an optimistic person, even though my friends label me as a worry wort. I do believe in God. and I do believe that He won't put more on me than what I can bare. but sometimes there is a disconnect between what I believe and what I feel..you know. and I look to forums like this (and my journal) to help me through the bad times.
WLDL330 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote