View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I understand about the cumulative affects of allergens.

I didnt know I was allergic to dogs until TinyMonsters died. After he died, my allergies seemed to get better. I'm starting to notice some of them returning, but it seemed like allergen + dog = worse allergic reaction.

There were foods I was eating that dont bother me now, but when Tiny was around, I was getting hives after eating those foods. (italian seasonings and tomatoes were two of them)

Now that there are no clumps of dog hair the size of small puppies rolling thru the house like tumbleweeds, I can eat italian foods again. I'm being careful with the seasonings tho.

My sister (lives in another state) just discovered that she has a serious allergy to anything with tomato and any type of peppers like bell pepper.

Which means she's had to get rid of a lot of processed foods, because some processed frozen foods have bell peppers in them. This may actually be a good thing. She and her husband are learning to make what sounds like really good food at home. Which, I think, means they're learning to eat healthier.

I'm being a lot more careful with what I eat now. I also need to be careful with cleaning products used in our home.

The cleaning company my parents hired to clean the house were here today. They fired the girl that used to clean our house, so the owner is going to be cleaning our house from now on. I'm going to have to find out what one of the cleaners were, it's got a flowery smell, and whatever it is, it's making me sneeze, and cough tonight. My eyes are dry, and I'm getting a headache...and it's not going away. I may have to open a window tonight to get the smell out of here.

I figured out why my feet itched when I walked barefoot in the upstairs. The person who got fired by the cleaning company was using straight Lysol on our floors. Didnt dilute it at all. Found out it had built up on our tile entryway. That's also the reason why the floors were always sticky upstairs. My mom had tripped a couple times on the floors after they were cleaned...the cleaning solutions were undiluted and left residue that got sticky when it was dried.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (06-17-2008)