View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default offering medical information to employer

i am so blessed to have such a flexible work environment. my boss and hr have been so willing to help me and accomodate me while i get this seizure stuff figured out.

however, i get the feeling the don't quite know what to think about the whole situation. a lot of people don't know a lot about seizures, myself included before i did a lot of research. and my meds are making me just downright loopy at times and i don't want them to think i'm losing it. (well i may be, but still, i'm blaming the meds LOL)

so i was thinking of writing up a really brief document of the kids of seizures i'm having, what happens before/during/after, using medical documentation of course, so that they know what's going on. i also want to let them know the side effects of my meds and what the possible side effects are, so that they can know what's going on with that.

my question is: am i oversharing? i don't want to swamp them (them being my boss, the HR girl, and the office manager) with information that they don't need or want to know. but i also want them to know as much as possible so that if they notice something amiss, they know what's up. also if i'm acting sketchy, that they know there's a medical reason behind it.

would you say this is a good idea or a bad idea?