View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 06:01 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

hi Nancy, I have TS and all the fun co-morbids...OCD, ADHD and others...

there are a lot of infos and such and I can certainly feel your pain and anguish...

as koala has pointed out with the forums, I think you'll find them greatly useful.

Do you belong to any support group in your area?

Do you know about the TS conference they hold at Washington D.C. every two years?

here is TSA's main page:

http://www.tsa-usa.org/

I am sure your kids are just wonderful and talented and smart.

I will state my own opinion. After being on so many meds for so many years. (I was dx at 14 and started with Haldol, this was over 26 years ago) I can tell you that sometimes, if he can live with the tics, it might be better without the meds...

and please try to workout your own guilt. This is NOT your fault...my parents lived with the guilts for many years and had the "I gave it to my kid" syndrome...

I hope you find a lot of answers at the very supportive forums. Don't forget about yourself and take the time out to smell the roses.

Let me ask you another question. Are you kids allergic to the dogs? Allergies can be one of the triggers for some TSers to have more tics.

His profanity tic is called "Coprolalia"

it's one of the least common of all tics yet the most publicized.

There could also be internal tics that happens inside that even he may not be able to communicate to himself.

Also, with the tics, acid reflux could be very possible thus leading to feeling nauseated...(especially the foods that he doesn't like. That feeling alone could create a tic for him)

once again, welcome and I hope you find a peace of mind here...

(((((hugs)))))

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (06-17-2008)