View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This day was a long time coming..

My DD turned 18 today. I am still in shock that she is a legal adult and furthermore can't believe that after 18 years, I have paid my VERY LAST child support payment. I get a letter in about two weeks from child support enforcement saying "obligation fulfilled, paid in full"

My first wife and I divorced before she was born so I have been paying for exactly 18 years.

I was born on Father Day 1969 and she was born on Fathers day 1990 so that is special for me. She DID NOT Call me on my birthday which (as you know) was fathers day this year and that hurt. I wish I had had a chance to be more of a part of her life but as many of you know, her mother did her best to keep me out of her life.

I wrote her a letter yesterday and put it in the mail and hope she READS it. It tells my advice on what to do and what not to do in life. Her mother has never insisted on ANY discopline (sp I know) in her life and that is very disappointing. I hope and pray for her daily and hope she takes my letter seriously.

She called me two weeks ago (for the first time in months) to ask me for money for her birthday so she could get her first tattoo. I didn't send her money. She wants one she can raise the money herself.

Anyway, this is quickly turning into a rant so I will simply end in this, Katy, I wish you a happy birthday as you enter adulthood and pray you get and stay on the right path.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (06-18-2008), Twinkletoes (06-17-2008)