View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 11:35 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Wiix

It may be due to the medication she is taking for the Sickle Cell, which can cause mental disturbances and illness. Maybe she is screaming from the pain but wants to stay in her own bedroom instead of a hospital ward. My nephew suffers from Sickle Cell, and it's very painful.

I have pain due to neuropathy. When those shocks come, there's no way I can hold in a scream when it feels like I have firecrackers exploding in my arms/legs. I try to stay on guard and braced for the "attacks," but sometimes they catch me off-guard. My neighbors are understanding, and so far have not formed a lynch mob to remove me from the community.

Have you ever spoken to her as a neighbor (i.e., non-confrontational) and asked why she screams so loud? Have you or any of your neighbors rushed to her side in an attempt to calm her fear/pain that is causing her to scream?

My neighbor cares for her husband at home. He was a previously healthy man who suffered a massive heart attack at the age of 46 five years ago and remains in a coma completely unresponsive. Her now 7-year-old daughter has become a handful because she misses her daddy. She screams a lot too, but I wouldn't have the heart to call the police on my neighbor.

My other neighbor has a Pomeranian we've all named "Sir Barks-A-Lot" because he barks non-stop whenever he's outside. She has cerebral palsy and lives alone. We all know how much she loves that dog, so we put up with the constant barking. We also put up with hearing her beg her dog to come back into the house. I tried to help her once during a tornado warning, but I only made the situation worse. Then again, maybe I didn't make it worse. After I walked away, little Sir Barks-A-Lot trotted happily into the home after "defending" his turf.
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (06-23-2008), who moi (06-17-2008), Wiix (06-17-2008)