Thread: Apokyn Pen...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 04:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Dear Ol’ CS,

I have been on Apokyn for over a year. My Dr had me take the anti nausea drugs for 2 weeks before I started using the Apokyn. I never had any problem with the anti nausea pills or the Apokyn. I stopped the anti nausea drugs after 2 weeks.

When I began taking the shots, it really pumped me up. It made it easier to do so many things (including bathroom functions)! I felt almost normal, and it was wonderful. The first time I saw the Dr, 6 months later, I ask him why I wasn’t getting as positive an effect from the other drugs that I was getting from the Apokyn. Regrettably he had no answer.

I primarily use it when I have to be able to function reliably at a certain time. You’re a better man than me if you can give yourself the shots. My wife gives me 99% of my shots. I have no problem with the idea of giving myself an injection, Getting everything ready to give an injection is pretty simple. But usually, by the time I think I need it, I can’t function well enough or hold still long enough to actually do the injection.

For a long time, I was using a shot at bedtime to assist me falling asleep. In the last 2 or 3 months, for whatever reason, I haven’t needed that and I am not using nearly as much as I once did.

This tool (Apokyn) is especially useful when traveling and you need to board or exit the plane during an off state, or if we want to go to a movie or out for a nice dinner. It gives you the ability to function in a much more reliable fashion. Use it and enjoy.

Kevin
kevkir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote