View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 05:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default what I was alluding to....what was I alluding to??......

I agree Thelma, let the other guy do the name -calling, we need to use these precious moments to further our cause. We cannot afford to alienate one liberal or conservative.
We have the facts in our corner, we just need to get them out there to the public.
I would love to have Rush championing our cause, he'd be very effective with conservatives!!
This is a winable battle. We just have to get opinion to swing our way just a little more.
Personally I think we should ask the Democrats and Republicans to butt out, as their rhetoric only inflames this sensitive issue. This is an issue that will eventually directly affect every single person in this country. WE all eventually get sick and die, often prematurely.
Stem cells offer a new chance at life, as close to resurrection as we mortals will ever come.
Personally I think a relatively few new lines will keep our research going. I think they should be closely monitored by the NIH. I think their uses should be spelled out and stiff penalties for mis-using them (Cloning) should be in place.
This solves my Christian right wing objections to ESCR.

Charlie Black

Last edited by chasmo; 10-25-2006 at 05:02 PM. Reason: atrocious spelling
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote