View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone! Jim warned her if she doesn't stop he's going to have a talk with her. I think that made her calm down. Ooooooo, big bad Jim's gonna get her! lol

She's calmed a bit since I wrote this. I had to tell her bye when she got really bad. She called back in a much better tone. I told her I understand how frustrating it is and that I'd be the same way. Yet, I reminded her that those friends, loved ones and family that she is yelling/complaining to are not the blame. She said she knows this but it's so hard.

I gently told her that when she needs something she can't possibly expect everyone to drop their lives to come running. For example, she wanted to go see her friends this past weekend. They said they would meet my sister in a town nearby and pick my mom up later that night, after they finished their plans. My mom got upset and told them to forget it. She was upset because they couldn't do it right away. She's used to going out and driving herself everywhere so this is where that is coming from.

BTW, she is only 64. I think it's harder on her because she is so young and didn't expect to become disabled so quickly. I am still holding on to the faith that she'll heal each day and be back on track in the future. Some say it could be three years before she fully heals from the brain surgery.

Anyway, it will all work out in the end I am sure. I have a full bottle of zanax nearby just in case. And no, not for mom. lol
Kitty (06-17-2008)