View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 05:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What pain meds, if any, are you using to manage your pain? I'm beginning to find that the more I walk the less my symptoms. I take Tramadol for the PN pain.

I recently quit smoking and that's led to a decrease in both PN and RLS symptoms. I'm taking less medication than I have for a very long time which makes *me* happy. But I won't give up my pain med and I won't tolerate a very high level of pain from my feet. After all, this is going to be a life-long thing or so I'm told so why should I put up with any more pain than I absolutely have to?

If increased exercise means increased pain it's kind of difficult to convince oneself that walking in spite of the pain is a good thing. I was always taught that pain is the body's way of telling you something is wrong. Don't ignore it and don't push through it. Permanent damage could result. So, where does that leave PN sufferers? I think we each have to do what feels right and works for each one of us.

What does your doctor say about all this?

(ETA: There seems to a be a glitch in posting in that when I hit post or whatever it's called, it mangled part of my post and lost another part of it altogether.)