View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi GinaMarie, I will go and read your thread again where you posted it as well as here, but I just noticed you had no replies at all here. I'm really sorry I hadn't even read this thread before. I'm getting so confused going from here to there etc..
You know there is a condition called "Stereotypic Movement Disorder" that's rarely diagnosed. A couple of people in the Tourette's community that I know have children who have this SMD and not actually TS.
I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to know. I think that you're doing the right thing with getting the testing for your son. Sometimes in children with multiple conditions going on, it can get really complicated. Some of what you've said about your son sounds a lot like my son when he was little but then, I don't know anything about the Gorlin Syndrome yet. I'll check into that later. Sometimes some of these conditions are like ruled out when assessing a child. e.g. in the tic disorders, just an example, there are actually dozens of conditions that can cause tics that are not technically called tic disorders, so in really complicated situations, doctors need to sometimes rule out some of those other conditions. I'll go read what you've said elsewhere.
take care there,
Lara

Last edited by Lara; 10-25-2006 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote