View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb02 View Post
It sounds to me as if you are happy that you no longer have any financial responsibility for your daughter. I did not realize that one's responsibilities as a parent ends when their child turns 18. If you have not been there for your daughter, why would she contact you on father's day? There is alot more to being a responsible parent than simply paying child support.

Well, let me break it down for you.

1989 - got married at 19 while not in my right mind

1990 - divorced due to physical and emotional abuse from wife. The night my divorce was finalized my ex and her mother took my daughter and drove across the country to Michigan to keep her from me. I didn't see her for 7 years!! I still paid my support
1997 - found ex and child, we "mended fences" and they moved to Washington where I lived with my current wife. They stole our identities and racked up $50K in credit card debt, judge let them off with a hand slap
1998, after convicting them of ID theft, ex and mother again ran off with daughter
2004 found daughter on myspace and re-established contact with her, flew her to AZ 3 times where she stole our money, alcohol, and other things from us.

I kept a journal her entire life where I entered my thoughts to her in it. Someday I will give it to her. She dropped out of high school at 15, doesn't want to get a job. smokes, drinks and has multiple piercings in her nose, lips (two) and navel. Her mother is basically not there and when I try to discopline her I get shot down.

I kept my support up the entire time even though for most of her life I was not able to see her.

I should have sued for custody but felt that even though her mother is not stable I didn't want to take her away from her. That was a conclusion I came to after many nights of prayer.

SO... I am glad she is an adult, I love her as a father does and hope she cleans up her act. She has NEVER sent me a fathers day card even though I bought her cards and gifts on every Christmas and Birthday (even though I still have most of them un-opened because I didn't know where she was) and I am basically left out, so I might be bitter but that wasn't the point to this post. The point is my little girl is 18 now and I hope she finds her way.

[/quote] Of course, I do not know your situation, but your post sounds really bitter.[/QUOTE]

well, now you do. don't judge me as it seems you just did.