View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 09:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know exactly what to expect.
Osteoarthritis combined with osteoporosis can be mean and destroying.

I'm 61. I have both.
Started having them show up way back in '99.

But my elderly mother is nearly 81 and she has them both...
Oh yes I have a bird's eye view of what it's gonna be like in 20 years.

As my mother's joints and bones started becoming destroyed she did not have the funds to go find medical help. Mother also had an unrelated problem for which she had to take constant strong pain pills since the 60's so most of the time she ignored the idea of arthritis believing the problems and bad joints where from her other problem. Over the years she did see diff Dr's for the pill perscriptions.. you don't want my opinion of them, since they did not help information wise.

My aunt, my mother's sister a year older than my mother, did have funds and did seek help for her osteoarthritis and osteoporosis..

Their mother, my grandmother also had it and lived to be 87.

I have good insurance as well as having the knowledge of what the 3 women did about it over the years, I AM taking the best ideas to use in my own battle.

I live in an apt complex with many elderly people where some have arthritis and some don't. But all of them have some age related problem and so they share household "make it easier on the back, muscles and joints" ideas with us others.

But the next 20 years science is gonna progress even more so we are very lucky that we will benifit from every new discovery.
We NEED boards like this so we can share experince and thereby can help each other.
snowmelts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote