View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Alan has used Dovonex (we got little samples from the dermatologist), when he first went YEARS AGO. He used Aquaphor. He did the clobetasol.

I put Olive Oil on him. I do the Vitamin A D & E ointment every day. The odd thing is that the big lesion on the right leg is clearing up. His elbows are not flaming red (at least not today). But behind his ear is all this dried skin. He seems to shed his skin.

He has thin skin. When I put the ointment between his eyes and behind his ears, it's much better the next day. I tell him "you are like a reptile, you shed your skin". Never saw such a thing in all my life. You should have seen the lesion on his leg, when the cast came off after a few weeks (after his foot operation). Oh my god, it was like orange peels. I thought IT WAS ORANGE PEELS. I said to him "are you eating an orange?" and he said 'No, that's my skin, all the top skin came off"

It's like the skin accumulates in over-drive. Maybe this is a result (I mean that it got worse), because he gets the IVIG?? I kind of thought the psoriasis would clear up with the infusions but not a chance.

But as long as he moisturizes at least they are not flaming red.

But little patches are showing up now, here and there.

I just do not understand why this is happening.

I told him he needs to make an appointment with the skin doctor once again. But this is up to him.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote