View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I taught my neighbor all about emails!!!

Thought all of you might enjoy this little story.

I was around the corner sitting with my friend Angie, who's a spitfire. She's all dressed up in a sexy outfit, her makeup on (even in this hot weather). I said; Angie, you don't have a computer by any chance?" and she replied:

"Why yes I do, my grandson bought me one two years ago". I said "do you use it?" and she said "well, I haven't been on it in two weeks, but I can do email".

She then invited me in her house.

Her computer is in her bedroom. And there on a desk (with a plastic cover on it). was this Dell Computer, a cable modem, a new printer. I said 'wow".

She said: "They gave me this printer but I don't know how to use it". I said: "do you need to print anything?" and she said "I don't know". I said "don't worry about it, that will come later".

I said "let me show you me and Alan on youtube". She was amazed. She watched all of our videos and she said 'how do you do this?" I said: "I've been doing computers all of my life, and I am still learning cool stuff".

She said: "Let me check my email". and we found that she had 200 spam stuff in her inbox. I said: "I bet you delete this one by one, right"?

She said "yeah, I wish I could delete it all at once".

I then showed her how to highlight and delete bunches of email (after determining that it was not from her family). Well, you never saw a person so happy to be learning SOMETHING new on the computer.

I taught her how to go on youtube, how to look up stuff. She was like a sponge, absorbing EVERYTHING. She gave me her email address (she couldn't figure out the rest of the email address), I had to teach her what an email address was. She wrote everything down. I left her saying "I'm going home, I'll email you and if you need something just email me or call me".

I looked at her and said:'You're afraid to go on the computer aren't you?, you're afraid you'll break it right??" She said "How did you know?" I said 'when people first learn about computers, they think if they press the wrong button, something will happen". I then said "it's a machine, sometimes it will freeze, or you'll lose information, but then you can just reboot". I showed her.

When I left it was 6 p.m. and she was smiling.

OH I FORGET TO TELL YOU HER AGE!!!

88 years young!!!

You gotta love my neighbor Angie!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-21-2008), jmiller (06-21-2008)