View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default to root canal or not

Hi Pam,

Sorry to hear about your broken tooth. Are you experiencing any pain or sensitivity to cold? If there is some feeling, then the nerve may be ok and the tooth may not be as bad as it looks. If you are not feeling any sensation in that tooth to temperature, then the nerve may not be healthy.

I have written extensively here on other threads about root canals and the associated risk of systemic infection from the bacteria inside of root canaled teeth. If you are looking for someone who woud be knowledgable about this topic, I would suggest that you consider consulting with a dentist who belongs to the IAOMT organization. I refer people there because the dentists and doctors who belong to this health oriented organization do so to let people know that there are practitioners out there that practice integrative healthcare which means they take into consideration your overall well being and not just your issue/problem at the moment. Some of them perform root canal therapy but they readily inform you of the associated risk factors unlike conventional dentists.

I urge you to refrain from doing a root canal until you have learned the risks vs benefits so that you can make an informed decision about what you think is in your best interest to do.

The only option to doing a root canal is to remove the tooth. Which tooth is it? Depending on the individual case, sometimes a tooth can be removed without interferring with the bite. This is something that you could discuss with a dentist.

Please let us know what's happening!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Style Coach View Post
Hi

I broke a molar in half this weekend and most of what is left is a filling. I've had RSD since 2002. If I need a root canal what should I do?

I've heard not to have root canals with RSD.

thanks Pam
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote