View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnz2 View Post
Not so fast... I don't think McCaskill is a shoe in here in Missouri. The ad, although very well done, does not tell the whole truth.

Embryonic and adult stem cell research is legal and being done in university hospitals in this state. What is not legal is the use of state funds for reproductive cloning, but not cloning for research.

Somatic cell nuclear transfer, the scientific term for cloning, is the same method used to clone Dolly the sheep. Reproductive cloning is what is on the ballot here, not stem cell research itself.

Amendment 2 is full of legal jargon and worded so it is almost impossible to understand what one is actually voting for or against.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/2006...ppStemCell.asp

Not until celebrities stepped into the political arena was any national recognition given and a rebuttal ad will air in the world series tonight with yet more celebrities.

What ever happened to standing on your own morals and ethics and saying "I want your vote" instead on dragging your opponent through the muck. Ah, the good old days.

bnz2
Isn't the reproductive cloning just for scientific purposes and won't it still be unlawful to clone humans? It seems to me that the opponents are just using this as scare tactics, so people won't vote for it, thinking that it will give them a licence to clone humans...aargh!

The good old days of politics were the same as they are today. the only difference is, we have TV now, so you see and hear more of their garbage.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote