Thread: Can I drink...
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 06:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Everything Ali posted about coffee is true.

I had to stop coffee and all Cokes, Pepsi's years ago when I was a Gestational Diabetic. But fast forward about 20 years or so and I was drinking coffee up until a couple of months ago. I should clarify I don't have RSD but do have Neuropathic pain. My Neurologist has told me many times to ditch the coffee but I COULD have tea yet only just a couple of glasses a day. Well, two months ago I had a severe bout with either the stomach flu or something else and I had to stop ALL caffeine and stay on the BRAT diet for one full month.

I was amazed because the burning sensations completely stopped and my stomach has healed due to the Nexium I was taking. I had also been diagnosed previously with Gastritis and GERD due to pain meds. That is all now gone. I had an upper endoscopy last week and the doc said I don't need Nexium anymore.

Anyway, I would tell anyone just to try to stop the coffee for awhile. What I did was to dilute it over a period of time to avoid any headaches and then just stopped and switched to decaff for a bit and now just water or tea.

I WILL say I can tell a big difference when I drink tea. IF I drink all day long, those burning sensations come back. If I just drink water, I don't feel it at all.

I know it is difficult for some to stop the coffee but it can be done. I know the first time I stopped it I was very tired for weeks on end. But that passes. Now, if I could just stop smoking, and yes, I know bad girl. But that is my vice and hard to give up so I know those of you who love coffee probably feel the same way.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote