Thread: Can I drink...
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 08:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ouch, give up coffee? Oh my, I bet I am one of the worst offenders in the forum when it comes to this drink. I love it, which is usually a bad sign because I love chocolate, peanuts, corn and cinnamon and I am allergice to all four of these things. My allergist didn't test me for coffee because he said most people won't give it up anyway.

I have tried to follow Kathi's recommendation by diluting my coffee. I love it diluted too, I think I just drink more. I do plan to give it up for a full 30 days to see if it makes a difference. I am sure it will in my case because I fear I have coffee (not blood) running through my veins by now!

Kathi - interesting you mentioned you were a gestational diabetic (I was too and had to take two shots of insulin per day). I wonder if you have polyneuropathy due to diabetes. That is the diagnosis I got from Cleveland Clinic, even though my blood sugars seem fine most of the time now. I do think it plays in to my own nerve pain. I wonder if there is a connection, almost a weak link to neuropathy even if you aren't currently running high blood sugars. Most interesting thread. Now I am going to turn aside for a second and sip my cup of brew (but you really have me thinking of a date to commit to cutting this out for a while). Ugh.
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote