View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default All ready to order

I was ready to order some shawls when I realized, I won't be able to tolerate
the shawl rubbing across my arms.

I am SUPER sensitive and could be wearing 6 layers and still I feel an air conditioner turned on.

Even if clothing rubs it is painful. Lots of layers help, except when you need to take off fast.
Just like putting on socks - having them on hurts. Shoes only make it worse.

Thanks for the idea though. Imagine how excited I was to get a shawl. Still I may try one and keep my arms out.

Jose, I can relate to what you say except even at 100 degrees my pain doesn't get worse. The cold, like you said is the killer.
Is moving to Az the answer ?
I might even be able to afford to live if I was there !

I find it strange after all these years on the forum I have never seen discrepancies in having blocks as a first line of treatment.
Building on blocks was supposed to be the secret if there was any hope of remission.
There must be new studies or information out there that I haven't read.

Dana, You hit the nail on the head when you described the internal temp changes.
I don't think my actual temp changes though,
like someone mentioned.
Changes in barometric pressure cause flares.

I went through menopause at least 7 years ago; for me this is totally different. For some that may be the key.

My PCP has a sub-specialty in endocrinology so he checks hormone levels
frequently - even saliva levels of hormones.
Everyone had their physicals????
Make sure the doc checks hormone levels.

I have other things that are in no way related to RSD -- one just seems to know after a few years what is and what is not RSD.

Dana, we may just lasso your island and bring you out of paradise for awhile & a little closer to us, You'll save on the A.C. bill

Hope all have a good evening,
Hope

Last edited by HopeLivesHere; 10-25-2006 at 07:51 PM.
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote