Old 06-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb The cherries I found

at Costco came from CALIFORNIA!!! LOL

Michigan is not doing as many ...alot of them go to the wine
industry here. I like cherry wine, but I don't have it very often since reds affect me and sometimes give me a headache.

So far in the 3 lb lot, there have only been 2 damaged. That has to be a record! I have 1/2 of the container left after 10 days, and they are keeping nicely and very sweet/juicy. yumyum...

Mich cherries are usually in July. May typically has the Washington Rainiers...which are like gourmet cherries. If you haven't tried them, you must. They have a slightly different flavor/aroma.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/2...ainier23.shtml

I have not been able to get them this season. Kroger's got 15 cartons and they were sold out in less than a day! I missed the boat on that one.

The Rainiers tend to go bad quickly, and bruise easily. Don't buy them in large amounts because the ones on the bottom are damaged --they are also more expensive!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (06-20-2008)