View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Six months later, and now the pain?

Wow, I thought i was getting off pretty easy with the second head injury back in January. The worst part was the 7 staples in the head, but it didn't seem to add to any of the TBI symptoms from the first head injury.

Until now...

About three weeks (maybe more?) ago, my head started becoming tender where I'd hit it six months ago. Shortly after that, I started getting headaches right in the spot where I hit it- almost like a knife stabbing me in the head. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to when the headaches would happen and they'd only last for 1/2 hour or less then mysteriously go away (thank goodness!)

It's getting increasingly worse, and now I notice that it happens any time I bend my head over or after a lot of physical activity.

I went to my doctor yesterday for an unrelated thing and thought I'd mention it. She said that it could be scar tissue growing around the nerves (or was it the other way around?). I have a follow- up with my neurologist already scheduled for the 7th of July, so she said to ask her about it.

It's not at the point where it's causing life changes. I hope that it doesn't get much worse than this because it is quite painful. Otherwise, I'm doing well- still battling the myoclonus, occasional fuzzy head and dizziness, but it hasn't affected my ability to work. I'm thankful for that.

Anybody else have this happen months after they had their injury?

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote