Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 02:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New here

Hello,
My name is Kris. I am a 38 year old mom of three kids, ages 8, 6 and 3. Until last fall, I was active and healthy, exercising every morning, chasing my kids, cleaning my house, and on and on.

Then last fall my inner ankle started hurting. Burning and aching. I spent six months going to orthopedic doctors and having imaging done. In april, my other ankle started aching. In the last few weeks it also progressed to burning, and I'm having some burning off and on in my arm. Some days my ankles feel decent and somedays they burn. Today they're burning.
'
I spent the last week thinking I had RSD/CRPS. I was just seen by a neurologist at MGH yesterday who said she doesn't think it's RSD. She said it's small fiber predominant peripheral polyneuropathy. She's ordered a skin biopsy and autonomic testing, which will happen in the next two weeks. I had started neurontin and she increased the dose. It doesn't seem to help yet.

I am so sad. I thought I would have surgery and be fixed and now I realize this is it: pain. The neuro and my husband have ordered me to call my primary care for an antidepressant. I just did but I feel like nothing will help. And I never had to take drugs before. Now I will for the rest of my life.

My neuro told me to take only my multivitamin and that's it. Usually I take flax and omega three and calcium and vitamin D. She said just the multi. Everything I read to take is vitamins and I wish I could try some but for now she said no. I want to try everything, even the rebuilder. I want to heal!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. Sorry I am so doom and gloom. I am having a hard time adjusting, and am still concerned about RSD.

Best,
Kris
KrisC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote