Old 06-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Well...

your doctor sure doesn't know much about healing....only
identifying.

I'd suggest you get a Vit D level done (3 kids!)
and B12. Even Dr. Latov's book...has a section on nutrition! (it is not spectacular and has a glaring error, but it is included in his book:
http://www.demosmedpub.com/prod.aspx...=9781932603590

Women lose enormous amounts of Omega-3s to the fetus, for the development of the baby's brain and nervous system.
In fact there is a supplement now for pregnant and post partum women called Expecta.
http://www.expectalipil.com/

You have had 3 children and this has been a nutritionally
draining experience.

I would continue with the EFAs...and demand the serum tests for Vit D and B12. If your doctor refuses, I'd get another.

Also after having children, autoimmune things start for some
women. You don't mention having that tested either.

PN doesn't typically start in an ankle. It starts as pain and/or numbness in the feet and hands.

There are other things to consider as well. Rheumatoid arthritis, gout, thyroid disease (hypo typically follows pregnancies).

It is hard to have 3 little kids, pregnancies and all those demands, and not think nutrition/deficiency.

Look back and see if you have had Cipro or Levaquin prior to your ankle pain. These drugs cause PN, and also affect tendons, and in some cases MONTHS after using the drug you can have a tendon rupture. Ankles and knees are the most frequent sites for these tendon issues.

Welcome here... now is the time for homework. When you read up a bit, you will be able to ask for the tests you need and not be put off by a busy/arrogant doctor.
And you can request Lidoderm patches for pain... they work much better than Neurontin.

BTW Essential fatty acids are not vitamins...they are ESSENTIAL foods that your body needs daily
to repair itself. If you are not eating foods high in them you need to supplement them. Pregnancy depletes them. You do not need a doctor's permission to eat or take them. YOU are in charge of your healing. After 3 kids I can't conceive of a doctor telling a woman not to take calcium and Vit D! That is so antiquated!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote