View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default OMG!! Why are they making it so freaking hard!!?!>?!>!

Ok. Gateway was no help. The girl really tried, but since my computer is off manufacturer's warranty (I have a 4yr warranty with Best Buy) she couldnt do anything other than try to help me find a site to buy a disk ($20) but all we could find was disks that werent even the one I need, and plus, they all cost MORE than $100...some were even over $250!!!

ARRRGH!!!

So, I tried Best Buy's 800 number. Got an ever-so-unpleasant guy is some backwoods country that they've been outsourced to. Cant understand the guy's accent. (probably has something to do with brainfog on my end) I asked if they've got someone else with less of an accent. He got all rude about it. Which, I totally understand...he probably gets that a lot.

So, they couldnt help either, since there was a language barrier. (why do places outsource to other countries anyways??)

Tried to call the Best Buy stores here in town, and both numbers put me into Telephone HELL. No one will answer the freaking phone.

I'm just going to lay on the floor in front of the computer and cry. OR, maybe I'll go get my dad's sledgehammer and beat the computer to death. I dont know which would be more satisfying.

Why do these companies make it so hard for people to get thru to someone, and then when you get thru to them, they wont help you anyways!??!

I should have just asked my dad for a new computer for my birthday, since my Gateway is apparently probably going to be doing a rather spectacular crash soon. I wish there was a way to stop the impending doom.

I think I'll go cry my tears of frustrations now, before I attempt to call anyone else, because right now I probably wouldnt be able to resist telling someone where to go and how to get there and what to do with themselves once they get there. ARgh!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote