View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Ah the good old days when they gave you the start up discs....

I know, I was too lazy to make a back up of mine. Even after I crashed I never did it. I never learn.

Probably why they're locking on java or flash is those need to be updated online. Can you try doing that?

Momx7 - I started with Mac. Learned on them at work. We had problems with those too. Now that I've had a Gateway, a HP, and a herd of Dells, I know you have things either way. For work, Mac is okay but for home use I prefer pc.
I've updated everything that I can update.

I cant do any more Windows updates because I've gotten them all.

I uninstalled Flash and Java several times and reinstalled.

I uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled.

I havent uninstalled and reinstalled WindowsXP yet because I dont have the disk....and I cant get the disk because no one will give me a disk. (can you hear my frustration coming thru yet?)

I think my boyfriend is sensing an impending meltdown (on my part, not the computer) and hasnt contacted me back yet because he's at work and probably doesnt want to deal with a nutjob of a girlfriend who's freaking because the computer is having a problem.

Right now, I kind of want to borrow my boyfriend's highest caliber weapon so that I can target shoot my computer until it's really small pieces of smoldering rubble.

I'm half tempted to tell my dad to go buy his new Mac so that I can take his old Mac. (which is only like a year or two old right now) I hate Mac's but I'm pretty sure I could be talked into making the switch right now because of all the problems I've had right now just getting thru to someone at Best Buy and Gateway.

I did finally get thru to someone at one of the local stores, and he was actually really helpful with suggestions, and so was the girl I finally got thru to at Gateway, but neither of them could give me any actual help.

Maybe I'll just go Mac...

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote