Thread: Gossip
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Isnt it always the way, as the waters get murkey you suddenly realise that its more like mud, and then you can barely drag yourself out of the bog.

I phoned the managers wife this morning, tracked her down and heard a heap more. She was involved in a sports club and this happened and they moved her on. I asked why didnt they get the authorities in and sort it out. And the managers wife said, she stands up to people and is very intimidating. Then apparently she did this at the St Johns as well (volunteer ambulance organisation - basically another place with a cheque account). She did things like when the offices were painted got some guys in cheap (contacts of hers) and put down 60 hours of painting herself, paid herself for this. But in truth she never actually picked up a paint brush. Everything will have an explanation for sure.

Alison said last she is going to talk to Susan (also on the board and Susan was the first to raise the idea of separating the jobs of secretary and treasurer). I dont know Susan too well. But I heard all this extra stuff after Alison went to work and I did a stupid thing. Of course I didnt realise it was stupid at the time. I phoned Susan, I sort of know her, but not to well. I started filling her in on some of Judy's background. And man did it back fire. Turns out Judy and her are friends. "........Two sides to every story, Judy has never done anything wrong, Alison had no business talking board matters in the community etc etc."

I was mortified and tried to back peddle. Then I got in the car and caught up with Alison down town and apologised for wading in when I should have shut up. But Alison wasnt worried, said she wasnt going to be put off this easy and is going to see our local cop.

Meanwhile I think I might pull my head out. All very sordid, but I screwed up and should have shut my mouth. There is no way Hazel is going to work in this place while the behind the scenes stuff is such a mess.

Meanwhile I went to workbridge today with Hazel to meet Tony her case worker and explained that the board were in no position to offer employment so we are back to square one. And he suggest fruit picking!!!!!!!!!! There is no way Hazel would manage fruit picking. She woudl be hopeless and unable to stay on task, and bored.

Hubby and I am off on holiday in a few days. We go away from Sunday to Wednesday doing touristy things like riding in a jet boat up the shot over river and in a helicopter etc. Will try and take photos.
SuperMama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote