View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default they could be real generous - if you give them a chance

actually this is an OT and might sound stupid, but just a note about insurance matters. since i know some people who never thought of it. For some years I had no insurance. And since I didn't have any source of income I was qualified for Free Care, and since it's a big hospital, my hospital covered everything, except any fancy drugs - but if you know my medical expenses, you would understand why i was very satisfied with the ones they do cover. I didn't have to pay a penny for all the expensive procedures. So as my friend put it, if you're sick, Massachusetts is the best place for you.

i'm digressing. When I was without insurance, I always told my doctors (every single one of them) that i was without insurance right in the first visit. Actually one of them was such a jerk, threated me that all the drugs he's going to prescirbe were very expensive. he must just had a bad day, because by the second visit, he was kind and more sensitive to talk about cost, and by the third visits on, he became the sweetest guy I've ever met. He even told me to call the office whenever I finish the samples he gave, and he told the nurse to give me all the samples I needed. Everybody in his office was so glad to help, except one. But if you consider the world today, you must wonder why only one who was not happy with it.

And with all the rest of the doctors, every single time I always surprised with how they reacted. If the drugs are not covered with Free Care and the office had the samples, they gave me as much sample as they could - although they're not suppose to do that. So my point is, don't underestimate your doctor's potential for generosity.

p.s. let us know how it goes. I just had a super painful night.. almost go to ER but after 2 hrs in agony, finally the drugs kicked in. haven't had so much pain for a while - well with all the drugs.. i shouldn't be!

Last edited by agnuscrucis; 10-25-2006 at 10:04 PM.
agnuscrucis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote