View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannet View Post
Hi ya all. I just have a question that I thought maybe I could get your opinion. I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer but lets see how this goes.

You make a promise to someone or someones and things go a little haywire and that promise is broken, What do you do?

Do ya say Whooops better luck next time and forget about it or do you try to make good out of something bad. It may not be the same thing but you try hard to make it right.

I sometimes think people just don't have a conscience. What do you guys think
I have not read through all the responses word for word but the consensus seems to run that the least one can do is make an apology.

The word I pick out of your thread is that things went a little haywire. Something went wrong.

sometimes, just that little bit of failure can cause a lot of pain. You sound hurt.

I was once hurt by a dear friend, a friendship I really treasured. We lost touch but I missed her. I googled her name after 10 years, was able to reconnect.

She had a rare stomach cancer that almost killed her a few years ago. She could have died and I would have lost the wonderful opportunity to be a part of her life again.

Life is full of broken promises. Maybe it ruined an event, a birthday or an anniversary party.

Examine your hurt. If this is truly someone you care about and I think that the level of your pain implies that, perhaps it is really hard for this person to apologize.

Maybe it meant more to you than it did to him/her.

I lost touch with a friend because I wanted something from her that she did not give to me. But if I had not been able to renew my friendship, the real hurt and the real loss would have been mine.

Maybe he/she cannot be who you want him/her to be. Maybe you have to love a person for who they are, complete with flakiness and failure.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (06-19-2008), Idealist (06-19-2008), Jappy (06-19-2008), Twinkletoes (06-19-2008)