Thread: Lyrica Issues
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 04:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Felt like killing self and anxiety

HI all, I'm new to the board too and I was put on Lyrica for fibro and diabetic neuropathies. I must say I have multiple illness plus use various other meds.

I noticed great dizziness (only on it 2 1/2 wks) and could hardly get up. I was getting some relief from the neuropathies but what happened to me is it made me feel like killing myself. They say to be careful when mixing with narcotics which I take too. I did not notice much of my CFS/Fibro pain disappearing though but it was starting to work its way into my system as I did notice I could decrease my pain medicine. I am so bummed about not taking it anymore. I am glad too I didn't continue due to the stories I have heard about much wt. gain. I had that happen once when I took Depokate for seizures. I was rather uncomfortable.

I hope I can find another drug to replace this and I am open to suggestions from anyone here.

Also, another reaction I had was I suffered from post nasal drip and could taste the drug in my throat and nose. It was a bad experience and I have never had this happen with other meds. before.

I would have liked to continue but the feelings of trying to hurt myself and the anxiety were just impossible to cope with. I'm lucky it left my body quickly. I do not know what would have happened to me if my caretaker did not realize the Lyrica was the cause. I just thought I was super- depressed.

I believe everyone could have a different reaction to this drug but I would use with caution esp. after reading the notes here.

Thanks for letting me chat and stay well.

I'm just so happy I found this board where people can share.

Good luck with your health.

Stubby
stubby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
warbelsnap (07-18-2008)